• I have a relevant BSc degree and further study with different trainers and scientists.
I hold the Equine Behaviour Qualification (EBQ) and am a certified horse behaviour
consultant (CHBC) with the International Association of Animal Behaviour Consultants
• I hold various post graduate certificates in the field of animal behaviour, research,
adult education and community outreach and attend many CPD events throughout the
year to keep abreast of developments. I often talk at conferences, seminars and lectures
for animal welfare groups and Universities in many different countries.
• I am a member of the Companion Animal Behaviour Therapy Study Group (CABTSG) and
of the Equine Behaviour Forum (EBF).
• For five years I worked for a leading animal welfare charity (WSPA; now World Animal
Protection), managing projects across the world focusing on working horses, donkeys
and mules. I currently provide consultancy and advice to international animal welfare
• I am on the Board of the charity TAWS (World Association for Traction Animal Welfare
Studies) and co-founder of the Change For Animals Foundation (CFAF). I am one of
the co-founders of the Equine Behaviour and Training Association (EBTA). I am on
the campaign team of the A Bit More Choice campaign.
• My background in the biological sciences and previous career in science have provided
me with the enquiring mind and scientific appreciation needed to study and work in
the field of behaviour modification.
• I have owned and worked with horses, in the UK and abroad, since a young age in
a wide range of equestrian establishments, providing the vital practical experience.
I have been providing equine behaviour consultations since 2006.